RRF pacers are volunteers who are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced runners who want to share the training experience with other individuals. Pacers want to run the distances with others and enjoy sharing their understanding, personal experiences and eagerness.
Pacers are expected to be at all Saturday group runs for the training program session that they have agreed to pace for. Pacers are allowed four (4) excused absences during the training session and must contact the pacer leader in advance to let them know if planning
to be absent for a scheduled group run.
Tuesday Night Group Runs are not mandatory for the pacers, but are highly encouraged to attend.
Pacers must realize that even though they have goals for the race they are training for, that this is a running program that stresses enjoyment and social outings first, before personal records (PRs).
- Participate in (local) running-related events as timers, water station volunteers and general suport for the local running community
- Annual RRF pacer social event
- Build-upon your coaching and leadership/support
- Act as a mentor to novice runners
- Stay connected with the running community
- Partake in running events as a team
- Access to the RRF lectures and clinics
- RRF performance wear
- Access to all local and event discounts that are available to the RRF training programs
- Fees for the specific training programs in which you are pacing are waived
The RRF running forum is setup to ensure a good time for both you and the runners you will be pacing. Plus, you may make a few new friends for on and off the trail!